In an effort to stabilize sewer rates, GNHWPCA has implemented a collections policy. Please review the following information to ensure timely posting of your payment and to avoid additional charges to your account.
- All sewer use bills are due and payable upon receipt.
- Please mail your payment with the bottom portion of your statement in the envelope provided. Please write your account number on your check and make payable to: GNHWPCA.
- Payments made by mail or at various payment locations usually require a minimum of five days to reach our office. Please allow sufficient time when making your payment.
- Bills not paid within 30 days will incur interest at the rate of 1.5% per month from the date billed.
- Failure to receive a bill does not waive the past due penalty.
- A charge of $25.00 will be applied to a customer’s account for each payment returned by the bank for any reason.
- The GNHWPCA may, from time to time, in its evaluation of the timely posting of payments from a customer(s), require that a customer(s) provide a more secure form of payment including, but not limited to, certified check and cashier's check.
- Any unpaid sewer use charges will constitute a lien on the real estate and a charge against the owner. The lien will take precedence over all other liens and encumbrances except taxes and may be foreclosed upon in the same manner as a lien for taxes.
- If your account is delinquent, the past due portion is subject to legal action.
- The property owner is liable for the sewer use charge and all collection fees, costs, and legal fees associated with collecting the delinquent account.
For questions concerning your bill, please call the GNHWPCA Customer Service/Billing Department, between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, at 203-776-3570 or 203-776-3713.