GREATER NEW HAVEN WATER POLLUTION CONTROL AUTHORITY
260 East St - New Haven, Connecticut 06511
A. BILLING INQUIRIES
1) It is always your right as a customer to question a bill. Any customer who has a question or complaint or who disputes all or part of a sewer use bill should contact a customer service representative either in person at our office located at 260 East St., by mail or by calling 203-776-3570.
2) If this does not resolve the problem the customer may ask a GNHWPCA Review Officer to consider the problem. Such a request must be made in writing within 10 days after the GNHWPCA is initially notified of the problem as described in paragraph A.1 above. A Review Officer will be an employee of the GNHWPCA.
3) The GNHWPCA Review Officer will investigate the customer's problem and send a decision to the customer in writing within 30 days after the request is received by the GNHWPCA Review Officer as described in paragraph A.2 above.
4) The investigation will include, but not be limited to, review of the customer's past and current information on water use and sewer use billings, analysis of the past and current patterns of water use, follow up where water leaks are suspected and coordination with the Regional Water Authority when the accuracy of a water meter reading is in question.
5) If the problem remains unresolved after receipt of the written decision from the GNHWPCA Review Officer, the Customer has 10 days to request in writing a further review by the GNHWPCA Board of Directors.
6) The GNHWPCA Board of Directors will investigate the customer's problem and send its decision to the customer in writing within 5 days after its next regular monthly meeting following receipt of the request as described in paragraph A.4 above.
7) During the time which a billing appeal is in process in accordance with the above procedures, the customer is required to pay the disputed amount of past due bills and to pay on a current basis the disputed amount of all future bills.
B. OTHER INQUIRES
1) If a customer has any questions or concerns related to any aspects of his/her sewer use services other than billing issues, he/she should contact a customer service representative either in person at our office at 260 East St, or by calling 203-776-3570.
2) If the customer is not satisfied with the results of this initial contact, he/she may ask to be directed upward through the various levels of management.
C. RIGHT TO REQUEST INFORMATION ON RATES AND CHARGES
Each customer has the right to request a copy of the GNHWPCA'S current schedule of rates and charges. In addition, information regarding the calculation of the appropriate sewer use billing amount is also available either in person at our office at 260 East St in New Haven, or by calling 203-776-3570.